Pillsbury’s Crescent Roll Taco Bake – Try it, you will not regret it!
Reviews About: Pillsbury’s Crescent Roll Taco Bake Recipe
I’ve been making this for years, with a few twists:
1. Instead of a baking dish try a cookie sheet. Just pinch the seams of the crescent rolls together or use the “sheet” rolls, then roll out or flatten the dough on the baking sheet. I use a 12 x 16 baking sheet
2. To solve the “soggy” crust, add a cup or two of crushed corn chips before adding the meat mixture.
3. Add dollops of sour cream on top of the meat, this helps solidify the mixture.
4. Next comes more crushed corn chips, adds a bit of crunch to the recipe.
5. Last but not least the grated cheddar cheese. We like a sharp cheddar cheese.
5. Bake this for around 20 – 25 minutes.
The end result is a nice crisp crust with a wonderful topping. Very similar to pizza.
This is becoming a staple in our household. Everyone loves it. Thanks for the suggestions, especially about the beans. We just might try that.
I’m going to make this using leftover pork roast, refried beans and green chiles. Made something similar but instead of crescents I used flour tortillas. Put it on the bottom of the plate, then layered bean/meat mixture, cheese and another layer of tortilla/meat/cheese. This sounds good too and I have the dough already.
Easy, yummy; will make again and try a healthier version using reduced fat crescents and cheese, and Reltetsoh’s suggestion to replace half the meat with beans and possibly add corn.I replaced the salsa with a can of petite diced tomatoes. Added the liquid needed for cooking the taco seasoning into the meat and was really good! Wish I had read the recipe twists before I baked. I would have tried the tortilla on the top then put the cheese on top of the tortilla.
I made this recipe for dinner and it was very good. We don’t eat lettuce and tomatoes on hot food, so I left them off. The flavor was very good and the husband was impressed. I used sour cream and guacamole for toppers. Will definitely put it in my rotation to make again.Love this recipe! My tweaks: I add a can of rinsed black beans (or sometimes rinsed corn). We don’t like salsa, so I use a can of very well drained diced tomatoes. The tomatoes with green chiles work great, add about a quarter cup of diced onions. I also pre-bake the biscuits for a few minutes before adding the filling, this helps with the soggy crust. I serve with an avocado and tomato salad, and a dollop of sour cream. Delicious, my family loves it
To Make this Recipe You’Il Need the following ingredients:
- Crescent roll tubes
- Ground beef (or ground turkey)
- Taco seasoning
- Grated cheddar cheeseShredded lettuce
- Diced tomatoes depending on size
- Small can sliced olives if desired
- Sour cream optional
- Sliced avacado optional
Pillsbury’s Crescent Roll Taco Bake Recipe
- 2 crescent roll tubes
- 1 LB ground beef (or ground turkey)
- 1 packet of taco seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheeseShredded lettuce
- 1 or 2 diced tomatoes depending on size
- 1/2 small can sliced olives if desired
- Sour cream optional
- sliced avacado optional
What temp is oven set on ? Do you cook meat first ? Do you bake crust first ? Same question regarding flour tortillas recipe If adding black beans, how many. Thank you